Answered

Lean Coffee - what plan to choose?

• 16 June 2020
  • 4 replies

Good Day, I have a similar question. On a monthly basis i run a Lean Coffee session with new members.  If I want to use the kanban board, and allow them to vote on the backlog items to determine what we will discuss, can I give them a link for them to get in and create backlog items? Which level do I need to purchase? Is voting included or is that an additional charge item?

The range of guest can vary from 10 to 40 people. The most likely amount is 20.

Reguards, Reynaldo

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 16 June 2020, 14:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @R. L. Ruiz,

If you’d like to use voting, you’d need a paid plan (voting is available on the free plan for 14 days, after which you’d need to upgrade in order to keep using the feature).

You could have unlimited guests vote on the backlog items with the Team or Consultant Plan.

If it’s only you running these sessions, and no one else on your team, then the Consultant Plan might be the one for you.

You can learn more about it, as well as the differences between the team and consultant plans here.

I hope that helps.

Michael Sohn

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@R. L. Ruiz -

Another option to a paid plan use of the voting plugin is to use the free plan but have folks dot vote for the lean coffee stickies that have been brainstormed.

The Kanban app is part of the paid plans, but you can “fake” one by just creating a frame with three columns (ideas, being discussed, discussed) and have folks populate stickies in the first column and then use small circles to dot vote on them.

Kiron

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@R. L. Ruiz -

Another option to a paid plan use of the voting plugin is to use the free plan but have folks dot vote for the lean coffee stickies that have been brainstormed.

The Kanban app is part of the paid plans, but you can “fake” one by just creating a frame with three columns (ideas, being discussed, discussed) and have folks populate stickies in the first column and then use small circles to dot vote on them.

Kiron

Don’t you get something like 3 Kanban’s to use on the free plan? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@jtk - Apparently it's only two now:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022846473#free

I have more than two in multiple Free Plan team boards and have yet to see the above notification. However, my Free Plan team is an older one that allows for five editable boards, so perhaps the Kanban limitation only applies to newer teams.