Language settings

Hi,

How do I change language on my Miro? I get marks on basically all words since it seems like the language is set on Swedish, and I am writing in English. I would still like to have the spell check function, but I want it for English and not Swedish. I’ve looked in the settings but can’t find anything there.

10 replies

Hi Clara-Beatha!

Thank you for reaching out to us! Sorry for this issue!

To change the language in Miro, please go to your profile settings and select Settings

Frame_1__100_.png

Under your profile details there will be an option for Language:

Here you can update the language to your choice!

Let me know if that helps!:tulip:

Best regards,

Hi!

Thank you for answering, but I do not have this option in my settings. After “Role” it’s “Email”…

Hi @Yadira ,

Language setting is only available for upgraded users (pay users)?

Best Regards,

Hello @Yadira 

Same for me, I can’t see the language setting option in the Settings.

Perhaps that option is available only for upgraded plans?

Please let me know. Miro would be just perfect for my little company but unfortunately not everybody has a good english proficency. 

Best, 

Andrea

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Yadira, @Producción Mhe@AndSans & @Clara-Beatha Björck -

I’m on a Consultant (paid) plan, and I don’t have the Language option either. 

I wonder if it relates to which languages are set up on your system via your localization settings? In my case, it is only English which might be why that field is hidden.

Kiron

Hi all!

We are bringing our sincerest apologies for this confusion.

@Clara-Beatha Björck 

If you are using the browser version of Miro, then Miro uses the browser’s spell check and users can configure languages in the browser’s settings.
In Chrome, for example, you would need to open browser settings > Advanced > Languages > and add the needed languages there and order them based on your preference.

If you are using the Desktop app on macOS, then we use the native spellchecker there, which automatically detects the language that is being used for the user.

The thing is, that we’re just getting started with supporting new languages and are currently testing this functionality internally, to ensure the best experience with it when we release this functionality to all Miro users. I’d also like to mention that we don’t have plans to support Swedish at this time, but we will definitely track interest for additional languages.

So, the good news is that we’re actively working on this feature at the moment, but I’m afraid that we can’t share any ETA on when it will be available just yet. However, I’d recommend keeping an eye on our Changelog - feel free to sign up for the bi-weekly Changelog newsletter right on the Changelog page.

Have a great day and stay tuned!

🌷

@Yadira 

Good moring, hopefully this input helps.

Currently, I have been trying to change the language to Japanese (which it seems like it is there on the home page) and tried the advice listed above.
As far as I know, the browser is already set to Japanese and should be the only language listed, so should that mean that miro should then be changed into Japanese?

Or from the beginning does that mean that there was no Japanese option available?

Hi, 

I went into my language options of my browser and my spell check preference is in French.  However, Miro stays in English.  I also selected the French language in the log in page but as soon as I enter into my account, I revert back to English.  Any solutions?

Thank you!

Hi all! @Killie154 @Genevieve Brodeur 

My apologies as there may be some confusion! 😕

Previous instructions provided were for changing the language of browser’s spellcheck that is used to check spelling on Miro boards but not for changing language of Miro UI. I’m afraid at this time the functionality of changing languages in Miro is currently not available. I apologize for any misunderstanding!

The thing is, that we’re just getting started with supporting new languages and are currently testing this functionality internally, to ensure the best experience with it when we release this functionality to all Miro users.

So, the good news is that we’re actively working on this feature at the moment, but I’m afraid that we can’t share any ETA on when it will be available just yet. However, I’d recommend keeping an eye on our Changelog - feel free to sign up for the bi-weekly Changelog newsletter right on the Changelog page.

Have a great day and stay tuned!

😊🌷

I use the Desktop version of Miro, and have set the language to English; but the spell checker is still in French. Is it possible to change it to English?