[RESOLVED] Zoom on Firefox v88 doubles every time you zoom in/out

Userlevel 1

Same issue. It was always working fine, but since today it has weird jumps.

(5% →21% → 91% → 400%)

It’s the same board too.

Marina 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

The team informed that this bug has been resolved. Can you please check the behaviour again and confirm it is working as expected?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

14 replies

For me it’s working as expected in Chrome, but in Firefox it’s jumping from 100% to 1% and therefore completely useless.

Had the same issue today after I updated Firefox to version 88.0. Downgrading to 87.0 fixed the problem for me.

Same issue for me after upgrading to Firefox 88. Mouse wheel zoom in Miro now jumps way too fast.

Userlevel 2

@Marina could you and the team make research on what causes this wrong behaviour of zoom? I bet you have resources for this as a team of developers.

I have the same problem. It makes Miro very hard to use, if not impossible to use within a presentation. Please help!!

Same problem here. It was fine yesterday and today it’s just unusable in firefox. It zooms from 91% to 400% and I can’t see what I’m doing :(

Had the same issue today after I updated Firefox to version 88.0. Downgrading to 87.0 fixed the problem for me.

Same here. I can confirm there’s a problem with Firefox 88. This is not the case with Firefox 87, it works as expected, scroll wheel zoom doesn’t jump.

Userlevel 1

I have today the same issue. Last week the zooming did work very well (I use firefox) and today the jumps are to big for working confortably… I will try to downgrade to 87.0. Thank you to you all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry you've run into this issue!

I’m afraid this is a known bug with Firefox v88.0, but the good news is that our developers are already aware of it and do their best to fix it. As a workaround, you can use trackpad or buttons to zoom in/out, as it affects the mouse only.

I will update this thread as soon as I hear from the tech team.

My zoom steps are also too large all of the sudden. Just noticed this a week a ago. A month ago and all the year before that it was fine.

Expected zoom steps: 10%, if I remember correctly.

Current zoom steps: ~60%

The steps are also uneven, so I can never return to 100% with the mouse wheel, I have to press the zoom percentage button on the bottom left of the screen.

I would also describe the feature as unusable and all my boards that rely on this (as in there is larger and smaller content in the same page for exploration) are effectively broken by this.

Windows 10 (19042.928), Firefox (88.0 64-Bit)

I just tried it out in Chrome and there the zooming works as expected. So maybe in Firefox specifically something changed? Or a windows update in relation to Firefox?

Userlevel 1

@Benjamin Westphal 

Yes, the Firefox update to 88.0 64-Bit seems to affect the zoom function in MIRO.

I downgraded back to firefox 87.0 64-Bit and now it works perfectly again and I could yesterday give my workshop online without problems...

I hope that the next upgrade to 89.0 fixes this problem, otherwise I have to stick to 87.0 for ever in order to use miro :thinking:

Ubutu, Firefox, Existing Project:

without ctrl: 1,3,7,14,31, 66,142,304,400

with ctrl pressed: 1,2,4,7,12,21,37,66,117,206,365,400

Empty projects behave different, but I really guess, that it depends on the amount of content as the staps change when I remove all content.

@Benjamin Westphal

Yes, the Firefox update to 88.0 64-Bit seems to affect the zoom function in MIRO.

I downgraded back to firefox 87.0 64-Bit and now it works perfectly again and I could yesterday give my workshop online without problems...

I hope that the next upgrade to 89.0 fixes this problem, otherwise I have to stick to 87.0 for ever in order to use miro :thinking:

I can confirm to also use FF 88.0 (64-bit), observing the issues

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

The team informed that this bug has been resolved. Can you please check the behaviour again and confirm it is working as expected?