[KNOWN BUG] Miro Sketch plugin - Google login not working / board list error

• 26 April 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi! 

I downloaded the plugin first time couple months ago, but couldn’t get the login working, so I avoided using it, but now I really could use it in my project. I tried again today and it is still not working.

So I tried logging out & in to my Sketch, I removed the plugin and installed it again, but nothing helps.

I have co-workers in the same Miro team who have created their Miro accounts separately to Miro (instead of using Google) and for them the plugin works. I wouldn’t want to have to create a new account just because this, especially as there is an option to use Google login, so it should work.

Can anybody help?

Version info:

• Sketch: Version 86 (142512)
  • Plugin: 1.6.4

Steps:

1. I choose the plugin & login
  2. I select “Use Google account” from the popup
  3. It asks me to choose an account and give password
  4. Then it shows Miro sign up / sign in, I choose sign in and get this: 
  1. I click the sign in with Google, and then after a short processing I get this:

Alyona 1 year ago

Hey @TanjaP and @Véronique Carbonneau

Alyona from the Miro Support team is stepping in for a moment 👋

There's no limitation when it comes to using the Sketch app in our Desktop app only; that's why you can't find this being mentioned anywhere. That being said, I'm afraid a bug caused the error you've faced. The good news is that the team is already aware and working on the fix 🛠️.

I'll be sure to let you know in this thread once it's released. Please bear with us!

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Sometimes, you need to login on your browser, then on the app, it’s not very fluid..
And often I have problems to log in into the MIro app. 

Thanks for the tip Véronique! My problem seemed to be the fact that I was not using the Miro App at all, as I prefer to use the browser version. I logged in to the app and tried the plugin again - and lo and behold, it works!

It would have been nice if it would have been written somewhere that the plugin requires the app… 😅 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

It would have been nice if it would have been written somewhere that the plugin requires the app… 😅 

I Know ! The browser is used by many ! But the app is very easier to use ! 
You can use it on your phone and on your iPad ! It’s very nice ! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @TanjaP and @Véronique Carbonneau

Alyona from the Miro Support team is stepping in for a moment 👋

There's no limitation when it comes to using the Sketch app in our Desktop app only; that's why you can't find this being mentioned anywhere. That being said, I'm afraid a bug caused the error you've faced. The good news is that the team is already aware and working on the fix 🛠.

I'll be sure to let you know in this thread once it's released. Please bear with us!

Hi! 

I downloaded the plugin first time couple months ago, but couldn’t get the login working, so I avoided using it, but now I really could use it in my project. I tried again today and it is still not working.

So I tried logging out & in to my Sketch, I removed the plugin and installed it again, but nothing helps.

I have co-workers in the same Miro team who have created their Miro accounts separately to Miro (instead of using Google) and for them the plugin works. I wouldn’t want to have to create a new account just because this, especially as there is an option to use Google login, so it should work.

Can anybody help?

Version info:

• Sketch: Version 86 (142512)
  • Plugin: 1.6.4

Steps:

1. I choose the plugin & login
  2. I select “Use Google account” from the popup
  3. It asks me to choose an account and give password
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @johndihandi,

There is an existing topic related to the issue you're experiencing, so I've added your report here too. The issue is not forgotten, but unfortunately, the fix isn't released yet. I'll be sure to update everyone in this thread once it's available. Please bear with us for a little longer! 

Thanks for the tip Véronique basket random! My problem seemed to be the fact that I was not using the Miro App at all, as I prefer to use the browser version. I logged in to the app and tried the plugin again - and lo and behold, it works!

Yeah I have tried and It’s worked. I can see a lot of useful information.