Is there a way to update custom made company templates without admin?

• 14 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Specifically, if I needed to update a custom made template frequently, would I need to always notify the company admin to update it? Or is there another way to update it for company use since I'm the creator of that template?

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Vaseline M!

Interesting question, as I had not tried to edit templates before. I see no way to actually edit an existing template, so I think the best way to do this would be to pull up the template that has been created, alter it in whichever ways you want, and then select the template and save it again as a new template with a unique name.

Check this out.

You shouldn't need to notify anyone of this and can easily find the template later due to the unique name you give it. And the old template remains intact for other users as well.

If you do try this and run into issues, please reply here so we can continue to help on this, I would be interested to know the plan you are on if you do encounter problems.

Hope this helps!

Jon

Hi Jon, thanks for reaching out!

I'm on an enterprise plan(not on this account). It's not necessarily to edit a template for myself but to see if I can update the template for company wide use without having to use a company admin to update it for me every time I want to edit and update? Let me know if you'd like me to restate my question or if you need more info and I'll be happy to provide! 

Again, thanks so much for helping out!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Vaseline M,

Ok, I think I get it now. From what I know, you cannot edit existing templates. Maybe there is a way, but not one that I can easily find. If @Kiron Bondale@mlanders, or another community member doesn’t know this one, I think your best bets are to contact Miro Support with this question, and potentially adding this feature on the Wish List.

Wish I could be more help here, good luck with this issue!

Jon

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Vaseline M -

If this is a custom template you created, then you should be the template owner and have full rights to edit it. Did you somehow transfer the ownership to a different user?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Hi! It's not so much that I'm no longer the owner. I can edit the template as far as I can tell, however I have to frequently edit the template while it's being used company wide. And because I'm not an admin, its inconvenient to edit it when me and my team can only see the changes done. I want to frequently edit my template for company wide use without having to go through an admin to do it. I cant garner admin permissions from my company so I'm just looking for a work around as the process to inform an admin about changes made to the template gets tedious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Vaseline M -

I’d suggest contacting support (Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center) with this request as I’m on the Consultant Plan and hence while I am able to edit my own custom shared templates I’m not familiar with the additional access controls available to enterprise plan users.

Kiron