Answered

Is there a way to merge members?

• 6 January 2021
  • 4 replies

We are currently paying for multiple members (seats) who have two different email addresses.  They where both added with one email address and then they where added again with their new email addresses. If I delete their old email addresses will they lose access to those boards under their original address?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 7 January 2021, 03:52

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mach Admin -

As I’d assume that Miro board access is tied to usernames which are registered e-mail addresses, I’d expect that they would lose access to the boards under those original e-mail addresses if you have deleted them from your team.

Kiron

Thanks so much. I will reach out to those users to make sure they have access to their boards. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mach Admin - @Kiron Bondale is correct - once a member leaves a team, the boards/projects are either transferred to another user or deleted. Even if the same member is added back with the email address/account they used to create the boards, the ownership is still lost.

There are a number of options for these users to get the boards back under their ownership:

1. If there is a manageable number of boards, before their email address/account is removed from the team, they could download a backup of the board and then restore them from their other account.
  2. They could first transfer ownership of the board from the account that is about to be removed to the account that is staying. 

Thank you - I will recommend that they merge their accounts before we remove the old email address. So grateful for this forum.