Question

Is there a way to browse the miro community directory?

• 6 August 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4

I couldn’t see how - but these things are often “look but can’t see

I also tried searching insided’s site - couldn’t see anything obvious like a userguide there either

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Doesn’t look like it @Simon.Harris , unless @Marina knows a way.

Given that our individual profiles are located under the https://community.miro.com/members/ site area (e.g. https://community.miro.com/members/simon-harris-4064) I checked whether we could access the members page directly but no luck.

Kiron

Userlevel 4

@Kiron Bondale  - thnx - yeah, I’d done the ‘404’ attempt on the path ending...members/ bit and the hmm a name and number makes browsing close to impossible

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Simon.Harris and @Kiron Bondale,

I’m afraid there is no such directory. Could you please share why you would like to browse it? What information would you want to see there?

I can then talk to InSided, maybe there is a way to create a community-facing directory. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marina -

A couple of use cases:

1. Who else uses Miro in my geographic area?
  2. Who else is in the same industry/job as I’m in?

In the absence of a directory, it might be useful now that the community has been running for a few months and we have 4000+ members to generate a few charts from the member data such as:

1. Breakdown of membership by area (pie chart)
  2. Breakdown of membership by industry (pie chart)
  3. Number of members who joined since launching the community (bar chart)

Kiron

Userlevel 4

Hi @Marina 

Couple of us are chatting on Linked-In and I wanted to find the posts in the community that they’d made as it was relevant to the discussion.

I agree @Kiron Bondale cases too - whose in my industry (rather than location given this is a remote tool!) 

I also think it would be useful to see whose linked to who - just be way of introductions and ice breaker - in most social situations “Hi, I know x, I think you do too...” is a conversation starter

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing! Great points, definitely make sense. Let me research this, please