Answered

Is there a way to automatically load JIRA relationships (eg. "blocks", "depends on", etc.) into Miro?

• 18 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Being able to import existing Jira cards into Miro, as well as creating/editing Jira cards from within Miro is a really awesome feature. One thing that’s missing for me is the ability to visualise and/or manage relationships between Jira cards from within Miro (and ideally visualise them as “connecting arrows” between cards in a miro board). Is anything like this possible? 

icon

Best answer by Anton Kuksin 22 December 2020, 14:22

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey @Janek Lasocki-Biczysko,

Thank you for the feedback!

Right now, the relationships information is not visualized in Miro. We see the opportunity for this improvement in the future but haven't evaluated it yet.

By the way, can you tell me more about your use case?

• During what activity would you like to get such visualization?
  • What task do you want to solve?
  • How did you solve this task last time without such a visualization?

Thank you!

Hey @Janek Lasocki-Biczysko,

Thank you for the feedback!

Right now, the relationships information is not visualized in Miro. We see the opportunity for this improvement in the future but haven't evaluated it yet.

By the way, can you tell me more about your use case?

• During what activity would you like to get such visualization?
  • What task do you want to solve?
  • How did you solve this task last time without such a visualization?

Thank you!

Thanks Anton!

Here’s some more info about my use case:

• I’d like to get this information during “work planning” activities. I’m using Miro for sketching out work (software development projects) - this involves creating cards for high-level tasks / epics. 
  • Miro allows me to visualise dependencies/blockers by drawing lines / arrows / connections between objects on the board. This solves the problem in Miro, but I’d like to ensure that the relationships persist into Jira because once the work is ready to be actioned, it is tracked/monitored within Jira.
  • Last time I simply maintained the relationships in Jira and Mira manually

I would also like to import jira cards and their (jira) relationships to other (jira) cards so that the whole object graph could be easily visualised in a Miro board.