Is it possible to invite guest viewers to video chat without making them register?

• 23 March 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone!
Is it possible to invite quest viewers to video chat without making them register? I intend to have group online lessons of English but I don't plan to make every student my team member, just a guest with the right to join the video chat and edit the board (at least write something on it). Why do you tend to use external resources (Skype) for the video conference?

3 replies

Userlevel 4

...just a guest with the right to join the video chat and edit the board (at least write something on it).

You can just share the board link and the people with the link won't need to register

Worst case you can at least let them comment. If Miro has included your account in their beta features, you can invite them as external guest editors (link).

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone!
Is it possible to invite quest viewers to video chat without making them register? I intend to have group online lessons of English but I don't plan to make every student my team member, just a guest with the right to join the video chat and edit the board (at least write something on it). Why do you tend to use external resources (Skype) for the video conference?

Hi Natalie. It is possible.

1. You just invite them using a link you get from the the ‘Share’ button

2. And then from the pop-up box, chose either ‘Invite link’ or ‘Invite by email’
  3. They must then establish a MIRO account, before they can access your board.
  4. They will have full edit access to your board. They will also automatically become part of your team. They will be able to see ALL and EDIT your boards. Since you want them to have temporary access to your board, you need to remove or delete them from your team after the lesson. This can only be done in your account using your web-browser.

VIDEO CONFERENCING

There is no resident video-conferencing tool within MIRO. Only ‘chat’. Hence an external video-conferencing platform. Both Zoom and MS Teams are FREE (with limitations), robust and reliable. However, Zoom has breakout rooms, while Teams are still thinking about it.

Hope that helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi,

two weeks ago i had the following problem:

Most of my clients in the workshop where working via mobile.

Hadn’t installed the app so they could not work on my boards.

Found a solution working in combination with GoToMeeting (screensharing) and miro.

Here is some of the content that we have created together:

Here I used the integration of Visual Notes:

Michael