Is it possible to auto-generate a certain board when a new person joins your team?

• 6 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Our team uses Miro to provide clients with mind-maps and flow chart templates for their businesses.

Basically there are a few boards, let’s say “Marketing Board 1 Template” and “Sales Funnel Board 1 Template”

When John joins, copies of these boards need to be generated automatically, being named “John’s Marketing Board 1” and “John’s Sales Funnel Board 1”.

I also give the client a board that links all of their boards together! So there is a “John’s Road Map” that links to John’s Marketing Board 1” and “John’s Sales Funnel Board 1”… and so on.

Is there a way to automate the duplication of these templates with the new clients’ name being in the title?

All help is very much appreciated!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Martin Mezei! There is no out-of-the-box way to do this as far as I know, but it might be possible to create something using the Miro Developer Platform?

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Martin Mezei  Interesting idea but as @Henrik Ståhl indicates there doesn’t seem to be an “out of the box” way to automate that.

I have a similar issue with workshop boards and my work around is to have a few standard “master” boards (which I could be saved as Templates if I wanted). The boards have all the common elements such as activities, information sets, reading materials etc that I need. Each section is in its own Frame. I then personalise one Frame to the company and Hide the Frames we don’t need (yet), the hidden frames can be locked or not depending on the situation.

One thing you could do if you needed multiple elements on a board personalised is to have a dummy name e.g. <Client-X> and search and replace for that across the board. If you are on a Consultants Plan, I believe you could put a set of boards in the Clients Folder / Project and do a search and replace within that Folder / Project. 

If you do find a work around do please share! 

Thank you both for the answers and ideas. I already have the templates saved, and basically just manually create new boards when a new client joins (replacing only the name as David suggested). Hopefully they’ll add this feature one day! Would save us a lot of “manual” work over time. :)