Question

iPad: Improve Edit Text Box behaviour: Cursor should appear where tapped to activate Edit

• 25 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

I’ve recorded a little screen video to explain it better. 

I’ve got a text box, with a lot of text. I tap once to mark the text box as “active”. I tap double, to where I want to edit text. The default behaviour is, that the cursor appears *always* at the end of the text. This is means that the board view is scrolling down the text box and I might loose the focus on where I wanted to edit. 

Is it possible to switch into edit mode and place the cursor where I tapped immediately? 

Video Link: https://streamable.com/9vkof0

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Hi @JayB

The functionality you are looking for hasn't been implemented in our product yet. I'm afraid that's the expected behavior - the cursor indeed jumps to the end of the text as you described. The good news is that this is currently at our UX team backlog and, hopefully, will get a chance to add this improvement. 

Thank you for helping us to improve Miro and make it more user-friendly. We highly appreciate it.

If you have any more great ideas on how we could improve Miro, feel free to post on the Wish List in our Community. Here you can also upvote the best features you think we should go all out on.

Stay tuned for updates and let us know if you come across any further feedback - rest assured it never goes unnoticed!