iPad App Crashing

• 9 March 2022
  • 1 reply

I’m running v3.11.6 of the Miro app on an iPad 8 running iOS 15.3.1. The app works fine on most boards, but when I try navigating in a board with other people using it at the same time, it constantly crashes and reloads the board. I’ve tried restarting the app and the iPad, but it doesn’t help. Is there any way to fix this?

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hi Steve! 

Thanks for your question!

The performance of the tablet app mostly depends on the board size and content placed on it. For instance, if you use many stickiesshapesdiagrams, etc., they are "light," whereas one uploaded pdf with lots of pages or images in high resolution or pen writings are heavy.

As a workaround, we can suggest trying the following:

• to reinstall the app;
  • to close all unnecessary background applications before using Miro - this should better the performance;
  • to work on boards that are smaller in size - this should lighten the load of the app on the system;
  • to convert pen drawings to pictures by making screenshots of them and replacing the original drawings with the screenshots;
  • to hide collaborators' cursors — it has proven to be one of the best tips for improving the board performance during the collaborative session with a big number of participants;
  • finally, to switch to another device (laptop or computer) with better RAM and use the browser version of Miro, preferably on the Chrome browser.

I’d also recommend reading this article on Tips to Optimize Board Performance for more detailed guidelines.

I hope this will be helpful. If there is anything else we can help you with - please let us know.