increasingly laggy performance until network connection is reset

Hello all,

in the past days I have had this very annoying experience with Miro where the board performance is quickly decreasing to an almost unusable state. For around 10 or 15 minutes everything is fine and then scrolling around gets very slow and choppy, text input appears with a delay, basically everything gets more and more laggy. The computer seems to be strained as well although the activity monitor (I'm using a Macbook) tells me Miro uses around 30–50 % CPU. The board itself is neither large nor does it have any graphics (just one). I'm currently working mostly with cards. This happens for me as well as other people, but also when I'm working alone on the board.

Now I noticed a surprising way to fix that, at least for another 10 or 15 minutes before it all starts over again: If the network connection is reset, it all goes back to normal. I'm using the desktop app, but I don't even have to close it, I just toggle the wifi, Miro tells me the connection is lost and then restored and everything is fine again.

Any ideas for a more permanent solution?

Edit: I switched back to using Miro in the browser for now (Firefox) and so far this specific problem has not occured there.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@yyoo -

Have you tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it using the latest version from Miro’s website (not the Apple Store or any other source)?

Is this happening with all boards or just one in particular?

Kiron

I hadn't reinstalled since there were updates so frequently recently, but I did now. Shortly after there was another update and now it seems to be okay … Don't know if it was the reinstalling or the update. Thanks anyway!