Answered

Inactive team admin (He left the company)

• 22 March 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello! 
My team and I are working on a free plan team space created by a team admin who left the company. 

We are going to upgrade but we have this doubt:  When upgrade, can we remove the inactive member and set another person as admin in the same team board without lost our work? 

Thank you :sparkles:

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 22 March 2021, 22:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DorcasQ -

As long as there is a current user set up as the Company Admin, you should be able to change the access level of other users to be Team Admins. I’d suggest opening a support request with Miro if you are unable to do so.

Kiron

Thank you @Kiron Bondale, that's a problem because the Admin is no longer in the company and he didn't transfer the administration property to another person. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@DorcasQ -

Can you check your active users list (see below) and confirm no one else is setup as a Company or Team Admin? If not, then you will need to open a support request with Miro here Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DorcasQ - Options if the rest of your Free Plan users only have the Member (and not Team Admin role):

1. Most work - Have someone go to miro.com to login as the Team Admin who as left the company and go through the “forgot password” process. This would require the email address to be active someone in your IT/email admin team receive and forward the password reset email to someone else who could login and give another team member the Team Admin role.
  2. Easiest - Rather than upgrade the Free Plan team, create a new team, add your members, and then move the boards from the Free Plan to the new Team Plan.

NOTE: Only a board owner will have the option to move a board to another account. However, there is a really simple way around this. Just duplicate the board. Then move it.

Create the new team:

Board a board to the new team/account:

And if you are not the board owner, i.e., it doesn’t say “me” as the board owner, you will not have the “Move to account” option, so first Duplicate it and then move the duplicate:

Thanks  @Robert Johnson, we took the easiest path.
and appreciate that “move to account” advice ✨

Regards,]