Skip to main content

My colleague came to me with the question I could not answer:

He inserts copied text (also copied from MS Editor, without format) in a sticky note. While editing, it looks like this:

That makes it very difficult to edit. 

Once he leaves the sticky, it looks like this:

He has tried this in several (also new boards...) this problem seems to be attached to him, for others can insert the text in the stickys and have no problem with that. 

Has anyone have this problem already? Do you know how to solve it? Any ideas?

Regards,
Marta

Hi @Marta del Pozo Lagneaux 

Well, one “funny” answer might be that the Schwabian settings of Miro in Stuttgart are a bit different, trying to be very frugal with their use of space in a sticky. 🤣

But all kidding aside, I don’t have the answer.

But I can speculate: Miro relies very heavily on JavaScript, which is a programming language that each browser implements differently - and which can also be affected by things like browser plug-ins, ad blockers, spelling checkers, etc. Even the cut-and-paste functionality in a browser can be influenced by its JavaScript engine. So the question is: what does his browser have that is special?

When strange things happen one piece of advice is always to do a “force reload” of the page, which on a Mac looks like SHIFT-CMD-R -- but you can also do it by clearing the cache. (Cache, not cookies.) But in this case the absolute best test would be to try it on a different browser.

An interesting workaround and test would be to try pasting the text into an ordinary Miro textbox, copying it from the Miro textbox, then pastaing it again into a sticky. If THAT leads to the same problem, I would really think about clearing the cache or looking at browser specials or add-ins - at least if you are all using MS Editor with no issues.

Maybe someone has a better answer?

Hope this helps!

Cheers, Ken

Hi @Kenneth Ritley,

love your “funny” answer 😂 I told my colleague and he will try that with the cache clearing and I will report here the results 😊.

Thank you for your sugestions.

Cheers,

Marta

Hello everybody! 

My colleague tried with Chrome and with this browser everything worked as expected! There must be a bug with Firefox in a very specific situation which we haven’t yet discovered. But for my colleague the workaround is good enough. Thanks @Kenneth Ritley for giving us ideas!

Cheers, 

Marta