Answered

Importing multipage PDF documents

• 17 August 2020
  • 9 replies

When I import a PDF document into miro, only the first page appears. Do I need a paid plan to be able to load the entire such document?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 18 August 2020, 07:20

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Fishback The behavior appears to be the same between the Free Plan and a paid plan (I tested on Free and the Consultant Plan).

Once imported, you can

• download the PDF
  • move between pages
  • set any page to the the Start page when someone loads the board
  • extract single or multiple pages
Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If you absolutely need all pages to be visible on the board at the same time, you could

• upload screenshots of each page
  • upload it the number of times there are pages and set each subsequent upload one page further in the PDF

If you went the screenshot route and still needed board participants to be able to download the PDF, you would make the first page the actual PDF and even add a note just about it to the effect of, “click this screenshot to download the PDF”. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Paul Fishback I was just re-reading your question and thought I would point out that, if by 'load the entire such document' you were referring to being able to scroll through pages, if you didn't already discover this, if you click/tap the PDF object once to select it, in the menu that appears above the PDF, you will have back/forward buttons:

Userlevel 4

@Paul Fishback I was just re-reading your question and thought I would point out that, if by 'load the entire such document' you were referring to being able to scroll through pages, if you didn't already discover this, if you click/tap the PDF object once to select it, in the menu that appears above the PDF, you will have back/forward buttons:

@Rob Johnson R U posting at 2am ! wow!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rob Johnson R U posting at 2am ! wow!!

Haha. Well, @Simon.Harris, I go to bed at 6pm… kidding. I am in central Canada (CST time zone), so it was only 12am here. However, that was a good 1.5+ hours later than usual for me.

Userlevel 4

OK :-)

I seriously wondered at your sanity!

I took approx this journey (and back) about 40 years ago - anywhere near you?

Loved the cat climbing all over you on Saturday BTW :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Simon.Harris I’ll DM you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Simon.Harris -

You went through Wawa and DIDN’T visit Toronto or Niagara Falls!?! :joy:

Kiron

Userlevel 4

@Kiron Bondale def went to the falls - don’t recall going to t’ronto that wasnt the only trip that year. Also did this one

A lot of details escape me now!