Skip to main content

Hi there, 

my friend needs to transfer Jamboards before they end, so I recommended Miro as I love using it. However, we have hit a glitch along the way. I can select the option from the dashboard (Import Board - Import from Jamboard ), but then I am stopped by a  pop up window saying:

“This app is blocked
This app tried to get sensitive data in your Google account. For security reasons, we have blocked access to it.”

Any ideas where to unblock it? Thank you!

@Tereza Duchová - I just tested this on my end and am not receiving a “blocked app” warning, however, my Google Account is personal account. So, my question would be: Is your Google Account a part of a managed Google Workspace? If so, you’ll need to contact an admin of your Workspace for assistance.

Hi @Robert Johnson , thank you for trying, no it’s just a personal account. I suspect some sort of setting which disables this kind of action, however I’ve already tried unticking some of these options in the Settings. Never mind, I might try someone with a remote assistance :)

@Tereza Duchová - Rereading the warning you are receiving, it could also be a browser extension or some sort of antivirus/malware protection software. You could try signing into your Miro account from an Incognito window.

Good point @Robert Johnson ! Thank you, I will give it a go :)

having the same issue, also got that message in a inprivate window in my edge browser

Hi @Thomas Herrmann 

Thanks for bringing this up! I appreciate you for trying Rob’s suggested steps earlier in the thread. Have you had a chance to disconnect and reconnect your Google account in Miro > Profile Settings > Integrations? This will help reauthorize the Jamboard migration.

I add the steps below for a more thorough steps:

1. Open your Miro dashboard.
  2. In the left-hand menu, click Import board, and select Import from Jamboard.
  3. A modal will open with details about the import process. Click Import Jamboard to continue. 
  4. You will be prompted to sign into Google and authorize the Jamboard migration.
  5. Once Google authorization is complete, you will be connected to your Google Drive with access to all your Jamboards. Choose up to 10 Jamboards you wish to import, and click Select
  6. All content is now imported into Miro in an editable format. A new Miro board is created for each Jamboard you import. 
  7. Review the imported content and make any necessary adjustments. While Miro has more functionalities than Jamboard, there still may be differences in styling and formatting options. Refer to How Jamboard objects appear in Miro for guidance.

Your feedback is really helpful, so we'd love to hear more about what you've tried so far. 

still cannot log into my google account this way. I am choosing my account and then I get to a page saying This app has been blocked. Google blocked the access to protect your account.  (translated from Swedish message)

I am paying for Miro, I started with the paid account to transfer my activities from Jamboard, and I can't do that because there is no such option. I am very upset because I am paying and don't have access to this, while other people who are paying the same amount can. What do I have to do?

Hi @Leite JUSSI 

Sorry to hear about your issues. Since you are on a paid subscription, you can reach the Miro support team and someone can assist. Instructions can be found here.