Skip to main content

I just had a big problem, my boards disappeared most of them deleted, and deleted right in front of my eyes. I tried to find them through the history and for half an hour on the same link showed me different messages, at first there was an opportunity to restore, then it disappeared and messages that they were deleted, and the main my board is still alive but it is in someone else's account. Administration of the site, how can it be that my board iszzzlezvala there information on millions of dollars. How can it be that the board is deleted without asking or disappears? 

The link that is in my browser history takes me to a page that says I have to request board access, but the board already belongs to this account, why is my board, not in my account? And unknown why today when logging in I was forced to create a team otherwise I was not allowed in, and after creating a team all my boards disappeared.

@bonidom - What you are describing is, unfortunately, a common occurrence. Here’s are the events that lead up to this scenario:

1. Someone creates a free Miro account, which creates a Free Plan team of which they are the owner/Team Admin.
  2. They invite someone else (e.g., you) to try Miro by collaborating on one of their boards, which makes that person a full member of their Miro Free Plan team.
  3. Now that this new team member has a Miro account and is a part of a team, they create one or more boards, which results in the team being over the 3-editable boards limit, causing everyone else’s boards to become VIEW-ONLY.
  4. So, a Team Admin starts deleting people from the team. When they do this, several things can happen:
    1. The previous board owner loses access to the board as boards are linked to the team in which they were created (unless, of course, the board owner was a member of another team and first moved the boards to the over team – an action that only board owners can do).
    2. And, when a user is removed to the only team space they were a member of, Miro detects that the user is no longer a member of any team and prompts them to create a new team.

Since you are describing no longer having access to one or more boards, you will need to track down who the admin(s) of the team you were previously in are and ask them to either:

1. Set the board’s Visitor/Anyone with the link access to “View” (so you can duplicate it to another team space); or
  2. Add you back to the team.

Here is an article that I have been working on over the years to try and help people understand what may have happened, and how to get their board(s) back:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/article-how-to-find-and-hopefully-recover-a-lost-or-missing-board-13123

No one uses it except me, today the system forced me to add a new user to the team, against my will, and I added my other mailbox and after that the board disappeared, I don’t understand what I should do next

You wrote something strange to me, I have no one to ask, I only have two boxes knitted and that’s it! Why is the system designed this way? If this is not the first time this has happened to you, isn’t it easier to make sure that such problems do not arise? Please return everything as it was. You can really drive people to suicide

This phenomenon should not have happened at all, I lost my business plan because of your holes? How can I contact support service who will return everything as it was! Today when I logged in I received a message that forced me to enter a different email address. To invite me to the team, although I don’t need it at all!!! Why did I receive these messages?

@bonidom - This is all very unfortunate, indeed.

If you are using a paid Miro subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

No, I don't use a paid subscription, is this how you make money? First you delete the project, and then ask for a paid subscription to contact support, do I understand you correctly?)

Guys, listen, you are wrong, you deleted my project, and now you are asking me to pay for a subscription to solve the problem, how can this be? In my country, bandits used to do this, do you do this too?

@bonidom - I am a volunteer moderator of this forum and not an Miro employee and, therefore, I cannot speak to Miro’s growth strategies. Hopefully someone from Miro will be able to provide some additional insights/support.

You're sorry! If I were a little boy, I would believe that you are a volunteer. You are not a volunteer, you work for this company, don’t tell me these fairy tales, support me.

Please connect me to support, why should I pay for something unknown? When I went to bed everything was fine, but when I woke up, all the boards were gone!

How can this be? If you do this all the time, as you say, is that how you make money? But it’s disgusting to delete someone’s project and then take money to solve this problem, who does that? I spent six months making a plan and it disappeared!

I have a link from my browser history, how can I use it to restore my board?