Skip to main content
Question

I found a bug using charts

• 29 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I found a strange behaviour when I use Charts in Miro.

I was using a board and at some point some shortcuts (Paste, undo...) just stopped working. So I went to the forums and help guides, some suggestions were to restart the computer... So I did. After the restart everything was working fine, until I added a new chart into my board. 

So, again some shortcuts stopped working, and I found that even navigating in a text using the keyboard arrows wasn't working. If I just refresh the page everything works just fine. 

I believe it can be a bug.

So, for the reproduction:

1. Open/create a board
  2. Create a new text and type something
  3. Before leaving the text edition try to navigate using arrows
  4. Copy and paste the text
  5. Undo an action
  6. Add a chart
  7. Edit chart's data (image bellow)
  8. Try to repeat steps 2 to 5

I'm using Windows 11, Chrome v125.0.6422.112 and the web version of Miro

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hi @filipecostagse 

I just tried reproducing your steps -- which was easy because you gave good instructions -- and I also found an issue!

Normally when I create a text box, I can use my arrow keys to scroll leftways and rightways and upways and downways and wonkaways (sorry, reference to my favorite movie!). 

But, if I add a chart, then that scrolling functionality with the arrow keys in the text box stops working!

But gladly I think there is another workaround in addition to what you describe: if I close the board and re-open it, then I can scroll again within the textbox. But that is probably just what your workaround is.

I don’t know yet about the official way to reports bugs, but my guess is that the Miro team will be very appreciative!

Cheers, Ken

Yep! I hope the same!

I don’t know yet about the official way to reports bugs, but my guess is that the Miro team will be very appreciative!

My plan, right now, does not have access to report bugs.