Answered

I don't have 'Password Protection for Public Boards' feature

• 27 August 2020
  • 11 replies

Hello Miro Community,

I can’t seem to figure out how to add a password to my public board.  (I’m on a Team subscription plan.)  The option isn’t available to me when I “share”.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 27 August 2020, 01:01

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@onthelu If you are not seeing the option, it is not enabled on your account yet - it is being rolled out gradually. https://community.miro.com/changelog-discussion-31/you-can-now-password-protect-publicly-shared-boards-1601

What you will eventually see:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@onthelu You may want to subscribe to the following section to receive an email when updates are posted: News & Announcements.

@Rob Johnson -- Ah!   That makes sense.  I assumed it was already available since its referred to in one of the HELP pages.  Thanks so much for taking the time to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@onthelu Thanks for pointing out that it is in the help pages - I hadn’t seen that yet. For those interested, check out Password Protection for Public Boards.

I do see this note:

Hi everyone, 

i have a consultant license as well as a friend of mine. He can set a password on public boards, not me. Which setting do I have to change in order to also be able to set a password?

Many thanks!

Anke

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Anke.L. The password protection feature is being rolled out to all paid plans in phases.

I saw the following message in the Password Protection for Public Boards help article:

I suspect that Miro will make the announcement in the New & Announcements category when the time comes, so you may want to go there now and use the Subscribe button to get notified. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@onthelu - I suspect that Miro will make the announcement in the New & Announcements category when the time comes, so you may want to go there now and use the Subscribe button to get notified. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Anke.L. @onthelu 

@Rob Johnson is absolutely right! Please stay tuned :wink:

The only thing - we usually announce product updates and new releases in Changelog Discussion :relaxed:

I've got the same problem here. My friend, who is also on a consulting plan, can already use the feature but I cannot. Is there any chance to get access to this feature? I'd have to search for an alternative solution if that's not working and that’s the last thing I’d like to do :-/

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Klaus Leopold - Miro has been making some tweaks to the password protection feature, so I suspect they are very close to rolling this out to all paid plans very soon. Hold tight and watch or subscribe to alerts for postings in the News & Announcements section (link above).

Thanks, @Robert Johnson!