Answered

I can't edit my whiteboard

• 28 August 2020
  • 4 replies

I have created 2 whiteboards using the free version of Miro. The first was a test. The second was a process mapping exercise carried out with my team mid July. We need to do a follow-up session next week and when I open Miro in teams I get a message saying that ‘your Team has reached the free plan’s limit - only the 5 most recently created boards will be editable. I have deleted the test version. No one else in the team has created any other boards so I can’t have exceeded the limit? 

My organisation is saying that they are unwilling to pay for an upgrade right now but I don’t understand why the free plan is restricting me.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 28 August 2020, 17:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Richard Brewster -

I’d get in touch with Miro support (Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center) to confirm there are no other boards and to “reset” the active board counter if that has somehow got “stuck”.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Richard Brewster From your statement of “5 most recently created boards will be editable”, you have a slightly older account that allowed for five editable boards in the Free Plan - welcome to the club.

The same scenario happened to me where Miro was saying I had reached my editable board limit of five, but I could only see three boards in my dashboard. What ended up causing this scenario for me was the fact that I had at one point paid for the Consultant Plan (back when it was called the Professional Plan) for a month or two to experiment with paid features. I had then moved two of my boards from my Free Plan to my Professional/Consultant Plan using the Move to account option.

Once my paid account expired, I could see the Consultant Plan team I had created in my dashboard, but could not access it without paying again. When I tried to create a board in my Free Plan, it said I was at my limit. I just lived with this for a bit and when I paid for my Consultant Plan team again, the boards were still there. I moved them back to my Free Plan and all was well again.

Thanks very much for taking the time to respond Kiron and Rob. It seems that when I signed up I used a team that was created for the whole NHS in the UK and that is why I’d reached the limit. Miro have now set up another board for a new team.

I am trying to transfer the board I have already set up to this new account - it’s not working out quite yet as the options I need to do this are not appearing on my screen. I’ve raised another query to see if I can sort this out. At least i can now work with my team on a new board if this does not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Richard Brewster - Glad to hear that you've got it mostly sorted out.

As for the board that you're trying to move to your new account, if you're the board owner of said board, then you'll have the Move to account option. If you're not the owner (e.g., you left and came back to the team), then you should have the Duplicate option. Once you do this, you'll have a new board of which you are the owner and can then use the Move to account option to move it to your new account.