Answered

Hyperlinks in pdfs not working

• 9 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I included hyperlinks behind some texts in my miro board.

If I export my board to pdf, the hyperlinks are not clickable any more. Can anyone help? I'm working in the free version of Miro.

Many thanks! Anouk

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 9 November 2020, 19:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anouk - Links will only be clickable in the Best quality/Vector PDF export as per the Board Export → Save as PDF Help Center article:

I believe that links also only work in text type objects. In this test, I:

1. pasted a link into a board
  2. made a sticky a link to the same URL
  3. made a rectangle shape a link to the same URL
  4. and made a text link to the same URL

Here’s how it looks on my board - all four of these objects are links to the help center:

When I use the export this board either from the frame itself (export as image → vector PDF) or using the export action at the top-left and select Save as PDF → Vector, only the text link is clickable:

But if I chose to export the board as a PDF and select Small file size PDF, then no objects are clickable:

@Robert Johnson thanks for your help! I do not have the vector option if I want to save the pdf. I only have the option to export the pdf in small file size. Is that because I'm working in a free version of Miro?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Anouk - Yes, the "Best quality/Vector" export option is only available on paid/Education plans.

@Robert Johnson Thanks! It's a pity that the option is only available in the paid version.. :-(