Answered

How to use miro in more than 1 team in microsoft teams

• 31 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello everybody.

Forgive my ignorance I am remakably new to this.

So I am  teacher and we are using microsoft teams.  I teach on a number of courses which do not interact with each other.

I have set up 1 board for my radio class abd all seems good.  except now I want to set up a new board for my Digital Media class.

However I dont seem to be able to be able to leave my radio goup and make a new board under the team of Digital Media.

I may have set up my prifile wrong maybe.

I was aiming to have different baords for different classes.

Again aplologises if I have not explained myself clearly. 

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by Marina 2 September 2020, 09:48

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Conor,

I’ve checked that you are on the Education Plan. You have one team there, where you can create as many boards as you want. Also, you can create projects there to organize the content as you wish. So, the structure is the following: one team > projects > boards.

Several teams inside one centralized account are only available on Consultant and Enterprise plans.

Does it help?

Will you please clarify how it all is connected with Microsoft Teams? Sorry if I missed it.

So I found out about the educational account just after posting this, my usual great timing.

With Microsoft teams you can embed a board into the course team.  I was confused because I thought I would be embedding my entire Miro team profile so they would see all my boards.  However, what I am meant to do is just embed one board at a time.  Which is actually much more preferable as it will stop the students drifting on to other boards and will keep them focused on the right board.

This works really well as I can not bring in much more interactivity in to the class and as it will be nearly all online, I will need as much as I can get.

Thanks for your help @Marina , much appreciated .