How to stop automatic numbering starting from 1. every time?

• 24 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Every time I try to type “2. Example” in any text box it replaces the ‘2.’ with a ‘1.’ after I press the spacebar!

I know it thinks I’m creating a list but I don’t want it to start from 1. every time!

It’s so damn frustrating!!!

Is there an option to turn this off/change it or does the design need to change from Miro’s side?

If so please fix asap Miro!

Marina 3 years ago

Hi @thetitanium @Robert Johnson @Kiron Bondale

I will let the team know about your experience. For now, you can just press Ctrl+Z to undo this automatic numbering. Does it work for you?

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@thetitanium - There is no way for the end user to configure this. As you mention, this would need to be a design change by Miro.

I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’d support this idea for sure - it is a bit of a pain that you can’t renumber the numbered list items!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thetitanium @Robert Johnson @Kiron Bondale

I will let the team know about your experience. For now, you can just press Ctrl+Z to undo this automatic numbering. Does it work for you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Marina - You can teach an old dog a new trick! Thanks! haha

Hi @thetitanium @Robert Johnson @Kiron Bondale

Ctrl+Z does not work to solve the problem.. The problem isn’t that I don’t want it numbered, the problem is that it enforces only one type of numbering system. Sometimes I want to number down from 5 instead of to 5

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joseph Auslander - If you are talking about a reverse/descending-numbered list, I haven’t seen this in MS Word or Google Documents - I can’t speak for other systems.

However, you can still do this in Miro using the Ctrl/Cmd+Z after you type 5., 4., etc.

If you are looking for a feature in Miro to create descending numbered lists--or any other variation--I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Thanks for the demonstration. That’s all I needed was to turn it off.. it wasn’t clear how CNTRL+Z did that until you shared the video. Legend!