How to save better quality PDF in free version

• 29 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Hi,

Anyone knows how to save readable version of a PDF file from Miro in Free version?
I really don’t understand why the save as PDF option is there in the Free version if the final PDF result is only a small, totally unreadable PDF file?

/Karlsson

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Karlsson -

The low quality PDF normally produces readable output but if the size of the shapes and text within a frame are too small, then it might render them unreadable. You could try increasing the text size and see if that helps.

Kiron

Hi Kiron,

@Kiron Bondalethnx for your reply.

The smallest fontsize is 14 so that couldn’t be the case. And since I’m using a template (redone it of  course but the sizes are even bigger) it is not logical for me how the PDF quality can be improved that way. Different browsers are also being tried out so that’s not the issue either.
Even the bigger font looks blurred.

Best Regards
/Karlsson

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Karlsson -

As I’m not aware of the template you are using, could you confirm whether there is a very large ratio between the frame sizes and the text within those frames as that might cause this to happen. 

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

I am using the template called Competitive Analysis Template.
The blue bracket refers to the template.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Karlsson -

I couldn’t locate that in the Templates library - is it in Miroverse, perhaps?

In any event, it does look as if the overall template is within a single frame which would likely be exported as a letter-size, landscape format page in PDF format. The text does appear to be quite small for the size of the frame which might explain why the lower quality PDF export is not working well. What happens if you just expand the text size of one of those cells to match the text size of the title?

Kiron