Answered

How to restore access to the board

• 7 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello! 

Recently I’ve created a board (I know a link), but I didn’t know that this board was created within my ex-client’s team. When I leaved the team I lost access to the board. 

How to restore access and add this board to my boards list?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 7 October 2020, 14:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Oksana Biryukova -

I’m assuming the board access was granted to team members so unfortunately, you’d need to ask the board owner to grant you access back to the board itself or to the team which has access to the board.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Oksana Biryukova Additionally, if this was a paid team plan, you could reach out to your ex-client, explain what has happened, and request that they export and send you a copy of the board, e.g., by email.

@Oksana Biryukova -

I’m assuming the board access was granted to team members so unfortunately, you’d need to ask the board owner to grant you access back to the board itself or to the team which has access to the board.

Kiron

Kiron, thank you for your reply!

The owner granted me access back and now the problem is that he has Free Team Plan and we can’t edit that board. 

Is it possible to move that board to my own team (how to create it?) or account?  I’ve noticed that my another board also created within another team

@Oksana Biryukova Additionally, if this was a paid team plan, you could reach out to your ex-client, explain what has happened, and request that they export and send you a copy of the board, e.g., by email.

Robert, unfortunatelly they are using the free team plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Oksana Biryukova -

I wrote an article on this with some approaches to consider: https://community.miro.com/best-practices-discussions-48/6-ways-to-provide-someone-with-a-copy-of-a-board-you-own-1707

Kiron