How to rename a user

• 25 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi

I have a user who’s name is listed as Guest. They were a guest on a board and I deleted their account and invited them as a full member and their account name still comes up with the name Guest. How can I change the users account name from Guest to be the users actual name, which is the way all the other user accounts are?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Ian Morris,

If this user is a member of accounts without Single sign on SSO, they should be able to update their name via the UI in the profile settings:

However, if they are added to at least one account where SSO is on, the name value gets pushed from IdP with every successful login, so all you need to do is ensure the user's access is configured in the IdP, and their name is listed there. 

We use Azure AD for our IdP and the users Firstname, Lastname, and Display name are all correctly setup in Azure AD. Strange its working for all other users and not this one. I can’t see anything different about her Azure AD account. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for clarifying this, @Ian Morris

Please ask the user to sign out and sign in again using SSO. There's a chance they were authorized in Miro before you added them as a member to your account. If, after re-authorization, the name still won't get updated, I'll be happy to convert your report into a support ticket so we can investigate it further!