Answered

How to recover an accidentally deleted custom template?

• 4 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I just spent 40+ minutes on a custom template, and then once I figured out how to access it, I accidentally deleted it instead of the bad one.  There has to be a way to recover this, right?  Any help ASAP appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 4 June 2020, 21:47

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Katie Kelly -

Unfortunately custom templates won’t show up in the trash can but I did find a workaround.

Templates are stored as “special” boards which means when you delete them, if you have the URL for the template in your browser history it will still be accessible. You will get this message when you access it:

You can then restore it. It will not show up as a board in the dashboard, but when you try to add it as a template, it will show up in the template picker.

Does that work for you? If not, Miro support may be your only hope of recovery…

Kiron

Kiron - that is very helpful, but I don’t know how to get to the URL in my browser history.  Any advice? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Katie Kelly -

if you are using Google Chrome on a PC, you can see your recently browsed history by hitting Ctrl-H which will give you a reverse chronological view of the pages you have visited. If you know the approximate time you were editing the template you can locate it that way. The URL should be https://miro.com/app/board followed by a unique identifier for the board…

Kiron