How to make "Continue collaborating using your real name. Sign up for free" prompt for guests?

• 24 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

I run trainings internally at my company and have heard a few people complaining about the prompt on the bottom of the screen: "Continue collaborating using your real name. Sign up for free". They report there is no way to make it disappear. We run trainings for people who may not have licenses, and while small, I do not like that this banner appears to be persistent. How can my users make this disappear?

Thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi @Jake Wysocki !

Happy to help here 😊

Unfortunately, the pop-up that offers for your collaborators to sign up for Miro is not one that can be disabled for your visitors, as this is the standard view for them - my apologies here. The good news is that it is not mandatory for them to sign up for an account in order to use your boards - they can still collaborate and use all the necessary features.

Hope it helps! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jake Wysocki - You may want to add your vote to my Wish List post:

https://community.miro.com/ideas/configure-board-defaults-and-remove-ads-2675

Userlevel 2

Thanks @Arina Groznykh, at least I know the Miro’s stance on it, thanks for the information

@Robert Johnson Turns out I had done that some time ago and forgot I did that - I love the idea, thanks for reminding. Cheers!

Badge +1

How long has this been in place?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@John C. - How long has the banner been in place? If that's what you're asking, years. 

Non-registered visitors on a board will see it. However, signed in visitors or guests will not see it. With this in mind, as long as the participants create a free Miro account prior to the board session and are signed in, they will not see this banner.