How to invite free users to vote

• 2 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi.

In our company we have free and pro users. We want to issue whole-company voting.

The problem is, every single free user needs to ask for permission and board owner needs to approve that. Can we do the voting somehow available to the whole company i.e. based on invitation?

Thank you.

4 replies

I guess there’s no solution for this then?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Vraana - Are you trying to hold this voting session in real-time/have everyone vote synchronously or have you set up a board for voting and asked everyone to "head to the board and vote by [SOME DATE]"?

Perhaps you want to set the board's share permissions to Anyone with the link "Can edit" and send the link that way. Now anyone can access the board - no invitation required. You could also password protect the board and include the password in your company-wide message about this voting.

@Vraana - Are you trying to hold this voting session in real-time/have everyone vote synchronously or have you set up a board for voting and asked everyone to "head to the board and vote by [SOME DATE]"?

Perhaps you want to set the board's share permissions to Anyone with the link "Can edit" and send the link that way. Now anyone can access the board - no invitation required. You could also password protect the board and include the password in your company-wide message about this voting.

That is the only approach we have for now, but it doesn’t seem very safe to me. Anyone could just forward the link and the password.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Since you are using the voting feature, I presume the board that contains the votes was created in a paid plan. Just to be clear, this would mean that every free plan user, i.e., non-team member that you are approving to access the board results in a paid license being consumed. If this is the case, then it depends on if you only want these free plan users to have paid access to just one (voting) board or the whole team? Next, my question would be, what plan type is the voting board under? Consultant, Team, Business, or Enterprise?