Answered

How to erase whole board or regions of the board

• 6 May 2020
  • 5 replies

I and my students have not been able to find a way to erase the whole board or a region of the board. we were able to do this on the old webwhiteboard app that miro replaces. I can sometime select a part of the board and highlight and delete it but that does word well unless the object is in a rectangular layout and today it does not seem to be working at all. 

icon

Best answer by Brady Alder 15 July 2020, 16:16

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@michael michalchik - 

Unless objects have been locked, you should just be able to shift-click & drag to select a bunch of objects in one area of the board and delete it. Does this not work for you? I tried it through both Google Chrome and the Miro desktop app..

Shift-click & drag (per above) worked for me in the mouse and trackpad navigation modes, but not in the touchscreen navigation mode.

So, if it is not working for you, then I would suggest clicking on Settings, then Navigation Mode, then either Mouse, or Trackpad (depending on which you use).

Alternatively for the touchscreen navigation mode, the same thing can be accomplished with a “long press” then dragging the box until it selects everything you want to delete.

Userlevel 2

I’ve literally been using your product for 10 minutes and this is glaring. Please add a clear board button. It’s ridiculous to make somebody change their input method, use a multi-keystroke gesture, and drag the entire board to clear it. Please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@John Terhorst - Your feedback would likely be more visibility--and potentially become a feature--if you were to create a Wish List Idea post (I know I would vote for it).

Here’s what to do:

• Post an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.
  • If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.
  • Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea!
Userlevel 2

THIS IS RIDICULOUS . AN IDEA FOR ADDING A CLEAR ENTIRE BOARD ???...IT’S LIKE AN IDEA FOR CREATING A WHEEL FROM A CIRCLE ….PLEASE ADD THE FEATURE WITHOUT FURTHER DELAY , THANK YOU

Here : I’ve created an IDEA, please vote for it 

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/add-a-button-for-clearing-the-entire-board-3834