How to draw a family tree?

• 5 October 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello Miro’s community

I’d like to draw a family tree and organigram for my company. How can I draw them?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Julien -

Right now there is no specific family tree template but there are a few org chart templates (e.g. https://miro.com/templates/organizational-chart/) which you could use for this purpose.

Kiron

Userlevel 1

Thx @Kiron Bondale for organizational-chart. I'm disappointed that Miro can't make a simple family tree as below.:confused:

Yeah, a pedigree chart template would be really nice for collaborating on family trees.  Trying to map out a family before committing to work in Ancestry.com yet.  Especially when collaborating with folks around the country.  Can we put it on the wish list?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@LC4468 - Put whatever you’d like on the Wish List - if it already exists, just upvote it :)

Add an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Lastly, don't forget to vote for your own Idea.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Julien :

I hate so say this - but there are programs that do the work much faster and better than miro does now because it isn’t made for family trees.

Just try this one:

Working with it and it does what it should fast and offers everything you need:

Genogram Software - GenoPro

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@LC4468 :

If you’re looking for a family tree collaboration then you have to try this one:

https://genopro.com/GenoProX/compare/

Michael

Userlevel 1

Thx @mlanders Genopro is only for PC and I’m on macOS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Julien  ...:worried:

OK … I see … so the only way is to google for the best family tree tool for mac …

Sorry that I could not help you ..

Hello Miro’s community, 

I found an article in Russian where Miro chart is used for family tree drawning. I really like this chart and want to use it for my family tree.

May you help me to find this chart among Miro charts? I don’t see anythinig close to this one.  

Here comes an Article link Генеалогическое древо: как составить, сколько стоит, где искать информацию для родословной (tinkoff.ru)