How to collaborate with others on a single paid license?

• 9 February 2023
  • 8 replies

I use my 3 free Miro boards a lot, and want to expand to have multiple boards for my various projects.

But one of my boards is a team board (since I use free those are team members), and we use that as our meeting board.

I’d also like to make a board for 4 people on the team to collaborate on their own project.

Is it possible to setup a situation where I can still have my team of 12 on some boards, but not pay for licenses for them? Such as inviting them to specific boards for example? I’d be the one making and managing them all 99% of the time on my Starter plan.

(Currently on Free Plan)

Thanks,

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nickburnsap - With the Business Plan, you would have access to the Guests feature that lets you add any registered Miro account holder directly to the board; you can even give each user their own access levels, e.g., Ted can edit, but Lucy can only view the board. To show you this in action, I just added you to one board in my Business Plan. You will now see my team icon in your dashboard (the left vertical bar). Once you select my team, you will see oy one board and have edit access. You will not be able to create boards in that team.

This is different than the Visitors feature that the Starter Plan would have which means that all users would have the same access to the board, and anyone that gets a hold of the link (and password, if you set one) would ha e access to it. Of course, the Business Plan has both the Visitors and Guests features available.

There are other benefits to having the Business Plan, e.g., creating unlimited Team spaces, diagramming packs. Full list of features here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730233-Plans-and-features-available

If I used the Starter Plan and added them as Visitors, and they happened to be logged in with their Miro accounts, would they have names and if they added something would it say “Dave added this” on it, similar to how it does right now with Team Members for the Free plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nickburnsap - To be clear, you would not "add them" to a board with the Starter Plan. You would simply be sharing a link to a board with them. Well, you can add them, but only as Guest Viewers or Commenters with the Starter Plan.

As for them editing the board or what name will show up, if they are logged in, yes, their names will show up.

If you're still around, let's test it. Here's a link to a board in a Starter Plan that is set to Anyone with the Can edit:

[BOARD LINK REMOVED]

Add a sticky note and I will check the board history: activity.

@Robert Johnson I see the board but cannot edit it

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nickburnsap - Weird. I see you on the board, but cannot see your cursor… like it’s not in Edit mode for you, but it says you are an editor.

I disabled and re-enabled Visitor access to Anyone with the link → Can edit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

There you are!

Seems to work!

The only outstanding issue is that when using the Android mobile app I couldn't edit add a visitor but I think it's worth a try.

Thanks Robert!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@nickburnsap - And the Starter Plan should allow you to enable a board-level permission for Visitors to add their names, e.g., they are not signed in to/do have a Miro account: