Question

how to add information quickly and/or offline

• 15 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey Guys

Due to my ADHD I need a solution to bring information into Miro quite fast. The thing is I need to catch very small thoughts or I forget them almost immediately. Therefore I tried integrating newly added Tasks from Google Tasks as cards into a specified frame with Zapier, but that didn't work out. I don't want to pay for another online tool, and the free version of Zapier just gives me one zap every 15 minutes. And even this doesn't work reliable, can't tell why. If it would work, this would be a huge win for me, adding to the already live-changing possibilities Miro gave to me.

None of the integrations I looked into so far seem to do what I want from them, just quickly catch my thoughts in every situation, at best within seconds, and putting it on my board, so that I can include it into my workflow later. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Burkhard Paul -

A couple of thoughts:

1. Could you scribble the ideas down on physical sticky notes and then use the Miro mobile app to bring them into Miro?
  2. You could have an Excel spreadsheet running in your background which you’d just add your ideas to and then copy & paste them (having them converted into sticky notes) into Miro

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Burkhard Paul - The title of the post says “offline”. Do you truly mean, no Internet connectivity or just without having to open a Miro board?

My first thought was similar to @Kiron Bondale’s suggestion of a spreadsheet.

I do something similar to what you are looking for, where I use a Google Form that has just one field, which the entries end up in a Google Sheet. I then open the Google Sheet and copy-paste the cells onto a Miro board resulting in sticky notes.

To have the quickest possible access to the Google Form, I opened it in Chrome on my phone and from Chrome’s menu selected Add to Home screen (note: this is all on Android).

Then, on my laptop, I have a link to the Miro board and another to the Google Sheet in a bookmarks folder on my bookmarks bar, so when I Ctrl+left-click on the folder, both pages open in new tabs.