Answered

How to add a note to the clicked shape?

• 1 June 2021
  • 7 replies

When I click on a shape or frame, I want to write notes about that shape and frame. I would also like to see these notes. Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 1 June 2021, 13:43

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Anıl -

Probably the simplest way to annotate objects is to add a comment to them. These comments are then visible by clicking for you and any other user.

You can add a comment by hitting the “C” key on your keyboard and then clicking on the object which you wish to add the note to. Alternately, you can select “Add comment” from the right mouse button context menu when clicking on the object.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

I am uncomfortable with the Comment icon being fixed size. It is not affected by zoom. Is there a solution to this? And can I send images or files with a comment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Unfortunately not, @Anıl - those would all be enhancements to the current functionality. Other than that approach, I don’t believe there is another out-of-the-box way to achieve what you are trying to do.

Kiron

My hack is to add a sticky note and group it with the element. 

Would be much better if there could be something similar to the comment, but that literally only held text - I don’t want it to be resolvable, because then someone can remove it - and don’t need all those other features.

The note feature for adding a note onto any cell in google sheets would be the perfect solution for Miro.

And a simple option to keep the note expanded or just an icon.

I concur the given solutions are janky at best.  My use case is, we have a process flow where we laid out our process to address a business need.  I would like to track things as it progresses - and it would be great if I could add notes to the shapes to do so.  In fact, it would be really great if the shape could also have a field like “Status” that I can change, that would change the color.

For example, let’s say the shape changes from “Waiting” (white fill) to “In Process” (that would display “In Process” in the shape, and change its back color to Yellow).  Cool, right?

But also, I would like to be able to click on the shape and get a shape-specific list of notes (or comments or whatever you want to call them) pop up on the right.  That way as we collaborate, we could contribute important notes to each other.

Maybe an icon on the shape to show it has comments would give a visual cue that there are notes behind that one.

Then, we don’t have a “Comment” tag that grows very big as you zoom out, or very small as you zoom in - but scales with the shape.  That is my biggest problem with Comments.  Actually, if you want to just make the Comment notation scale with the shape, that would be good as well - or maybe even make it an option.

I still like the idea of being able to set a status - so just like a Card, but having the Card be of any shape (not just a rounded-corner rectangle).

Not conceptually hard; just add an Excel-like popup note to a node. DON’T cover the screen with icons. Just a dot or some notation that there is an associated note hiding in the node.

It would be so nice to have a expansion view, just like the cards, where you can add a description with all the same text and formatting options that you have in the card. Should be a very easy fix I reckon, since it already exists for the cards? :-)

Hope this could be implemented soon!