How does a Team Admin delete another members' board?

Userlevel 2

We’ve just started using Miro at the company I work for in the last 3 months or so, and cannot find a way for our Project Manager to delete others’ boards / projects in our Miro account / team. Based on the documentation I’ve found on Miro’s site, it seems that Team Admins are not really admins at all, as only board owners are able to delete or backup their boards.

This makes sense from an ownership standpoint, however, it leaves our workspace cluttered with rogue / old boards. Our Team Admin shouldn’t have to remove the member from the Team entirely just to Administrate their boards, and manually reaching out to these team members occupies time in our work day because many team members are remote.

Questions for the Miro Team:

• Can we get a more granular permission system so those with the Team Admin role can actually, you know, administrate the team / account?
  • Or is this only possible if we have Company Admins through an Enterprise level account?
  • Or will deleting & backing up boards forever be limited only to the board owner? (If so, we’re going to have to look for a replacement because that doesn’t work for us.)

Marina 3 years ago

Hi there,

I hear you all! Please feel free to upvote the idea here - https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/delete-a-board-not-owned-by-administrator-352 and add your comments to that thread as well.

Thank you :slight_smile:

View original

31 replies

Let’s all upvote this to end the madness https://community.miro.com/ideas/delete-a-board-not-owned-by-administrator-352

The fact that so called “admins” are having to apply a workaround simply to delete unwanted boards they do not own after well over 2 years of threads highlighting this issue is borderline ridiculous.

The work arounds appear to be, remove the user who owns the boards or projects you want to delete as an ADMIN cleaning up the workspace, then invite the removed user back to rejoin the team and transfer ownership of all of their wanted boards/projects/custom templates back to them. 

Simply mind blowing. 

@Miro Support Team As a TRUE workspace admin, we would like (read: NEED) the ability to reassign ownership of any board or project within our TEAM.

Thanks in advance for allowing this much needed functionality.

Userlevel 1

As a team admin, I also need this….too many empty and unused boards. As admins, we should be able to delete boards, projects...

Ridiculous that this basic feature is not available.  

Trying to find a board in miro is impossible because of this missing functionality, admins or at least the coordinator of an enterprise account needs to be able to delete boards made by their team members.  2 years ago this was opened and the first message was that it was in the works, this seems like something that needed to be in from the start, you can remove entire team members but not remove individual boards.

Yeah, it also bugs me why Team Admin cannot delete boards within the team… Why escalate to corporate admin? Such an approach effectively leads to strengthening micromanagement practices, while I’d prefer teams to be able to manage their own work (and garbage) by themselves.

My team also needs this feature. As an admin, I’m trying to cleanup old/test boards that various people have created but I can’t. Instead I have to ping everyone who still works here and ask them to delete their individual boards, which no one does, and it remains messy.