Answered

How do you delete a template from your workspace in miro?

• 18 February 2021
  • 7 replies

How do you delete a template from the workspace? I’ve been trying to find some button, ANY BUTTON for like half an hour now. All I found was the “...” that has “delete” as an option, but when I click on it, nothing happens. 

EDIT OK it works now for some reason, but now it only deletes individual cells, and I want the whole template deleted. Does anyone know how to select and delete the whole template? Please this is so unintuitive and frustrating...

icon

Best answer by Marina 24 February 2021, 07:44

View original

7 replies

Please, anyone

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jovan Milenkovic -

If you want to delete a personal template, you can do so from the Template Picker dialog (see below). However, once you import the contents of a template into a board, then you can only delete it by selecting all of the template content and deleting it just like any other objects on the board. Think of a template as a collection of Miro objects - once it is imported, the template “construct” disappears.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Jovan Milenkovic,

If you are looking for ways to select multiple objects on the board, this article will help - https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730953-How-to-Select-and-Move-Multiple-Objects.

And as you select all objects, just click Delete on the keyboard.

Does it work?

I believe I have the same problem - only much worse and more annoying..

I tried to add the “Official 5 Day Design Sprint” template to my board, yet once I clicked add - nothing happened.  Then I clicked it again… nothing happened.  I waited… nothing happened.  I clicked again… nothing happened.  I waited… you get the gist.

I close the app, reopen.

Now I have 3 new templates scattered over my board.

What’s more that accounts for over 200 new frames, and hundreds and hundreds of text boxes and the like.  Each one appears to be locked, so I cant delete, or undo.  Clearing this out will take me hours.

Anyone have a fix for this?

PS I have the free account as am testing MIRO, but its features like this that waste my time, make me frustrated, and prevent me from using more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jeff Rayner - I see that protected lock is enabled, so if you are not the board owner, you may not be able to delete the objects:

However, if you are the board owner, you could try right-clicking on a blank spot on the board and selecting Unload all. Once you have done this, you could Ctrl/Cmd+A to select EVERYTHING and delete it all in one keystroke:

@Kristin - Here is another template with protected lock enable on a template - I’m not sure if this was missed or is intentional, but if a non-board owner adds the template to a board and the board owner is not around, it cannot be deleted. Also, as Jeff is stating, he was trying to add this template multiple times as it didn’t look like it was loading. In my testing of adding the same [Official 5 Day Design Sprint] template, it does take about 5-10 seconds (and I have a 300 Mbps Internet connection) before the template appears (it is 337 objects). Perhaps some sort of visual indication that something is happen would create a better user experience.

@Robert Johnson thanks for the very helpful response.

Good news = I am the board owner

Bad news = When I click a blank space and cilck unlock all, it says there is nothing to unlock

Good news = I think it says that because I did something else… i click on a part of the board and clicked something similar

Good news = now i can select lots of objects and hit delete

Good news = it deletes all the selected items

Bad news = after about 3 seconds, everything returns!

Per your note, my only guess is that there is some bug, or memory issue that is causing this.

If you have any more ideas, please keep em coming, as your idea worked - if only for a moment - i feel we are close!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jeff Rayner - I would suggest deleting that board and creating a new one. If there is anything on the board you want to keep before you delete it, you should be able to copy-paste it to another board first.