How do we convert our inVision freehands into Miro boards?

• 15 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Now that Miro has acquired inVision freehand, how do we convert our inVision freehand boards into Miro boards? 

Our company has far too many assets on inVision that can be manually converted so for our business to not be compromised significantly, we will need a conversion tool or method. Can someone at Miro please help us understand how to do this?

8 replies

Agree; I work for a large company that is losing the use of Freehand. It would be great to have a way to preserve Freehands with all of the detail they contain.

Bump. I would also like to know how we migrate Freehand board to Miro.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Barkley Anderson , @russb and @Shar 

Thanks for taking time to leave feedback. The Miro team will be following via email to help with your questions. 

Cheers!

@ElvaMiro 
I ended up using the export function on InVision which essetially creates a screen shot of a freehand board and pasted it in to a new Miro board as my workaround. Comments were not preserved, but at least I was able to copy over a historical snapshot of the freehand board.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Shar Thank you for sharing that update! We’re glad you were able to find a workaround. 

Hi! I think that this workaround (screenshoting and pasting an Invision Freehand board to Miro) is not a valid solution; I mean, doing this workaround, you miss all the possibility to edit and comment the file. I don’t think that is enough for a company like Miro.  

I was looking more information about the migration from InVision Freehand boards to Miro but nobody in Miro answer my request. I was wondering that the passage from one tool to another was more easy and we could take advantages about this acquisition; unfortunatelly, it seems that this is not the case! 

I’ll try to have more support and information from different channels.

@Team Design I absolutely agree. This was not an ideal solution and if there is a better way to export the content -- with comments and editing features preserved -- before InVision shuts down then I’m all ears. For my team’s purposes, the screen shots are better than nothing, but I’m looking forward to hearing what other solutions both InVision and Miro can offer.

Thanks for looking into this!

Could someone from Miro please email me with the solution to this? @ElvaMiro I too have a large freehand document that would take too long to re-create by hand in Miro.