How do I unsubscribe from emails like "X board - Request for access from Y"?

• 5 November 2021
  • 3 replies

I am in a team, I am not an admin. I try to unsubscribe from these kinds of emails but its not possible. These emails are not very relevant to me.

I want to unsubscribe from emails like "<X> board - Request for access from <Y>".

Please help. Thank you.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi there, Johan!

I totally get how bothersome it can be to get notifications you’re not really interested in - but this one should be a quick fix!

To set up your preferences in your Miro profile, please open the Profile Settings > Notifications

Untick When someone requests access to my board - and all other notifications you are not interested in. If you’d like to read up on Miro notifications, feel free to check out this handy article.

Hope this helps and happy whiteboarding! :smiley:

Unfortunately it doesn’t help at all. You can see in your own screenshot that the checkbox is greyed out and not possible to uncheck. Very annoying! I should be the one in control what notifications I want to receive.

Related thread with explanation (but no working solution) was here: https://community.miro.com/topic/show?tid=1329&fid=45

As a workaround I removed myself from the board, so I don’t have access to it anymore. I wasn’t able to find how to change my role on the board from editor to viewer only, as the linked thread suggests.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Johan!

Thanks for your reply - and apologies for my poor answer. Of course you were right - this particular box is greyed out because it is not intended to be unchecked. I’m really sorry that this is annoying you and I will pass your feedback on internally!

As you also pointed out correctly, a workaround (albeit maybe a drastic one) would be to downgrade yourself to viewer. In order to do so, when you are in the board picker, please click on the three dots in the top right corner of your board. You will the following:

Please click on Share. After that, please click on Sharing settings - here you can select whether you would like to be editor, commenter or viewer. 

Please bear in mind though, that once you’ve downgraded yourself to anything other than editor, you won’t be able to edit this board and will have to ask another board member to upgrade you again if you want to change this. 

I hope this helps at least a little bit!

Thank you again for your feedback - such input helps us improve Miro every day! :rocket: