Answered

How do I track cost of the cards on my board against a budget?

• 13 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Is it possible to configure an hourly labor cost for the assigned team member and material cost for a card and track these against a budget?

thank you.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 14 February 2021, 01:09

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rachel Michelson - This is not currently possible using out-of-the-box Cards functionality.

Some options:

Option #1 - Export to CSV

You could use existing Card fields/tags to capture your desired data and then export as to CSV and use an external program, e.g., Excel, to extract/process the data, e.g., tags like “rate:100” and “hours:4” and then use Excel formulas to split the data - see an example here → Split text with delimiter.

Here's an example of a card I just created:

Here is the expanded view (the green letters represent the columns for the data once I export):

Now I export:

And here’s what it looks like after I export the card to CSV:

Option #2 - Build your own custom web-plugin

You may be able to use the Miro SDK to read and extract data from the cards and do some calculations with it right on the board using the Miro Developer Platform. You would probably want someone with a development background to review the developer platform documentation.

Option #3 - Wish List Idea

Since the functionality you are describing does not currently exist, you can always add an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.