Answered

How do I make cells in a grid to be square?

• 15 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello, I am relatively new to Miro but am slowly getting to grips with it. I want to insert a square grid which I can write numbers in, but the grid is always inserted in a landscape format, and I am unable to make the cells square.

I don’t need to auto-resize according to content, I just want to start with empty square cells.

What am I missing? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 15 February 2021, 15:24

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 1

I have just worked out a rather unsatisfactory and inefficient workaround, which is to create, then duplicate, squares. This takes me a minute just to create a single 5 by 5 grid though, so I am hoping someone can help me find something better.

Miro: If it is not yet possible to resize cells in grids, perhaps it could be suggested as a feature for any future versions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Andrew Jeffrey - Another workaround is to select the entire Grid and then drag in from one of the sides until the cells are all square. Then, hold down Shift while dragging from a corner - this will keep the aspect ratio of the of the entire Grid the same.

In this example I used a pink square to line up with a cell, to ensure it was (pretty close to) square:

There are a number of Wish List Ideas out there requesting enhancements to Grids. You may wish to add your comments/votes to some:

https://community.miro.com/search?q=grids&content_type%5B0%5D=ideation

You can always add your own Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

Userlevel 1

Fantastic, thanks so much!