HOW CAN I FLIP AN IMAGE?

• 7 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello!

With my team, we are in love with Miro but how can we flip an image? such a mystery!

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hi @Natalia Español 

Flipping images and especially making them transparent is something I do many, many times each day. I am a college teacher, and I like my slides to have friendly cartoons.

In my case, I set up PowerPoint as my “image flipper” and “transparent maker.” I have put a button onto the home ribbon so that I can make an image transparent in just one click.  So my process is:

-grab the image into my clipboard

-paste it into PowerPoint

-flip it or make it transparent

-cut it and paste it into Miro

It works so fast (once you get used to it) that my muscle memory does it without thinking about it.

Now . . . to take this to the next level, I wrote some Python scripts that also do this - or let’s say, I had my good friend ChatGPT write them. They work wonderful. If you are interested I can see if I can find them and post them -- but because PPT works so well, I found it was much easier to do in PPT.

(Aside: what would be easier than PPT is if an image in the clipboard could be flipped or made transparent and KEPT in the clipboard. That is also possible with Python, but from what I understand, it’s easier in Windows than on my Mac, due to how the operating system works.)

Hope this helps!

Cheers & best wishes, Ken

PS. Final thought: it should be possible to write an application to flip images or make them transparent, you might have a look if someone has already done this: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408910669714-Miro-apps-and-integrations-overview