How can I delete my account

Hello.

I created  a new miro account using my work email address today.  I wanted to try out miro for work.

I believe our company actually has bought the software so how can I delete my personal account so that I can recreate a new account for work using the same email address?

I only created the account today so I do not have anything that needs to be saved.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Kevin Ernst -

The instructions for doing so are here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571354-How-to-delete-your-profile

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kevin Ernst - Depending on what type of account your employer purchased, it may not be necessary to delete your account. Have you asked someone at your company to add you to their Miro subscription/a team?

Hi, I want to delete a free account but it’s attached with a freelance email address that has been discontinued, so I have no access to the confirmation email - what do I do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, I want to delete a free account but it’s attached with a freelance email address that has been discontinued, so I have no access to the confirmation email - what do I do?

If the email address no longer exists, there’s nothing you can do.

Why are wanting to delete the Miro account profile, the team that was created using it, board in the team, or all three of those? What are you most concerned about or trying to accomplish?

@Robert Johnson that’s a shame. I want to delete it because there seems to be a bug and it’s attached to the google log in (when I try to log in with google, despite choosing my current work email, it defaults and opens the freelance account). I don’t have much associated with my freelance account, so it’s no big deal to delete it and I’d like to eliminate any future problems with log in.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnsonthat’s a shame. I want to delete it because there seems to be a bug and it’s attached to the google log in (when I try to log in with google, despite choosing my current work email, it defaults and opens the freelance account). I don’t have much associated with my freelance account, so it’s no big deal to delete it and I’d like to eliminate any future problems with log in.

@Tess Motherway -  Hmm. This is an interesting scenario. Let’s see if the Miro Support team can help you. I could convert your last reply into a support ticket, but before I do, I will PM you to confirm your email address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tess Motherway - Thanks for confirming your email address. When you get signed into Miro (using any email/Google/etc.) do you see multiple Team spaces on the left? For exmaple:

Another question: If your organization has a Business or Enterprise Miro subscription, then perhaps there is SSO set up for your domain (s***********re.com). If this is the case, have you tried reaching out to whomever in your organization manages your Miro subscription?

Hi Robert,

Thanks for this. I don’t see multiple team spaces on the left of my dashboard, no - though I do know there is another team for springer nature that people get confused with - maybe that’s the issue?

Our organisation doesn’t have SSO set up - is SSO only available for Business or Enterprise subscriptions?

I thought it might be easier to make a screen recording to show what’s going on - hopefully you can catch the Google account issue - it links to my consultant email, despite choosing my regular email account: [LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

Best,

Tess

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tess Motherway - Thanks for all of the info. I will open a support ticket and Cc: your current address, i.e., minus the “consultant” part.

Hello,

I want to delete my account, but the instructions provided by Kiron above (The instructions for doing so are here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017571354-How-to-delete-your-profile) are not matching what I’m seeing in my Profile Settings.

I do not have a delete button/option and my company warned me to delete the account as it’s not matching company policy. Please help!

Thanks, 

Serban

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@sminescu - Are you taking the following steps?

Click on your avatar at the top-right and the Settings:

This should take you to the Profile details section of the Profile settings page:

When you scroll to the bottom, what do you see? It could help if you were to share a screenshot.

@Robert Johnson I seem to be having the same issue as reported above. I’d like to delete my account, am able to take steps 1 and 2 from your previous message but the window I obtain is blank: 

I tried different computers, allowing pop-ups, changing networks and web browser, nothing works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@PMH - You could also try the Miro desktop app.

Is your account tied to a company-managed Miro subscription?

I ask because of the following:

Also, if you have a paid subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Thanks @Robert Johnson, I also tried from the desktop and the mobile app but I still get the same blank page. I’m afraid I don’t have access to any other form of support than this forum. However, in compliance with GDPR, I should be able to delete my account. Please help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks @Robert Johnson, I also tried from the desktop and the mobile app but I still get the same blank page. I’m afraid I don’t have access to any other form of support than this forum. However, in compliance with GDPR, I should be able to delete my account. Please help.

Your reply has been converted into a support ticket. You should have received an email confirmation about this. Feel free to reply to that email with any details that you may not have wanted to share on this public forum as only the support team will see it.

@Robert Johnson Thank you for escalating this. Much appreciated.

Hi @Robert Johnson , I haven’t heard back in the support ticket. Is this expected? Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Robert Johnson , I haven’t heard back in the support ticket. Is this expected? Thanks

Sorry, but being a volunteer moderator I have no insights into Miro support response times.

Dear, I have registered Free plan Miro account which, after a short use and leaving a collaboration team, I want to delete. (Meanwhile, I opened another one, with different email address, and I will continue to use that one).

But when I go to Settings, I only get the blank page, without any possibility to reach “delete” option. I tried to make a pause and come back again, but it is still the same.
I want to delete this profile, and be able to use that email address for other teams collaborations.
I need support

Thank you
Nass

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nass - If your end goal is to continue to use Miro using your original email address, you do not need to delete the account profile that is attached to your original email. While there are several approaches that would usually work, since you have created a new Miro account with a new email address, here is what I suggest you try:

1. While signed in as your new account – let’s call it new@email.com, go to your team profile settings page and click on Team users
  2. At the top right, you will see Invite new users – select this and enter your original account – let’s call this original@email.com:

Now original@email.com should be a member of a new Free Plan team that only has two members, both accounts that you own.

Once you have confirmed this by signing into your original email Miro account, i.e., the one you are currently trying to delete (original@email.com) you can should then sign back into the new account (new@email.com) and grant original@email.com the Team Admin role. Now you have a Free Plan team again attached to your original Miro account profile that you in full control of, i.e., are a Team Admin. Additionally, if you want to ensure that you are the sole team admin, your demote new@email.com to just a team Member, or delete new@email.com from the team.