Question

How can I copy the Miro 2000 users board

• 9 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi, our online school is actively using the miro service. For our students, we want to create templates on the boards and let them copy it to themselves. Right now we are planning an event for 2000 people and we need to let them copy our template board to their miro account so they can input their information. Can you tell me how we can do that? Maybe there is a way to create your own template and have them copy it to themselves, like a kanban for example. Are there any tariffs?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Denis Radkevich -

You can create custom shared templates within a team which can be applied by other Miro team members just like the built in templates. Assuming all students will be part of a single Miro team this is likely the simplest option.

The other choice would be to have a board which students would duplicate. For that, you would need to ensure the board and team content settings enable this.

Kiron

@Denis Radkevich -

You can create custom shared templates within a team which can be applied by other Miro team members just like the built in templates. Assuming all students will be part of a single Miro team this is likely the simplest option.

The other choice would be to have a board which students would duplicate. For that, you would need to ensure the board and team content settings enable this.

Kiron

Thank you for your response!

Tell me if the users are not part of the team. I just give them a link, will they be able to accumulate my board or a template I created.

The thing is, with over 2000 people at the event, I can't know their email in advance. They get the link in the chat room and open the template I created on the miro board. Like 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Denis Radkevich -

It doesn’t look like visitors (the new name for anonymous guest editors) can access custom shared templates, only the built-in Miro ones.

As such, the only option would be to set up the team & board content settings to enable them to copy content or duplicate a board, but they’d still have to set up a (free) user account to be able to create a board of their own based on yours.

Kiron