Answered

How can I change the owner board?

• 24 July 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi, guys!

A guy from my Team accessed my board and afterthat I’ve tried to change some features due to get back my board. Then, I blocked myself to edit the board and so I had to ask him to authorize me to edit.

Now, what I have: he is the owner board and I can change any feature. I can remove myself from the board but I can’t remove him. I have a Free Plan.

What I have to do? Help me!!!

Tk you!

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 24 July 2020, 15:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Letícia Maciel -

if he is the board owner, only he can transfer that ownership to you. If he doesn’t wish to do this, I’d suggest contacting Miro support at Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale tk you very much!!! I’ll talk to him!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi, guys!

A guy from my Team accessed my board and afterthat I’ve tried to change some features due to get back my board. Then, I blocked myself to edit the board and so I had to ask him to authorize me to edit.

Now, what I have: he is the owner board and I can change any feature. I can remove myself from the board but I can’t remove him. I have a Free Plan.

What I have to do? Help me!!!

Tk you!

@Letícia Maciel  Your question is confusing to me. Your message starts with, "A guy from my Team accessed my board" and ends with, "I have a Free Plan."

Before I ask any more questions, let's look at how the Miro Free Plan works:

All boards on in a Free Plan team are fully accessible to all members on that Free plan team. Boards are owned by whomever created the board, but ownership cannot be transferred to other team members on that Free Plan team. The only way for ownership to be changed is for the board owner to leave the team, in which case the ownership is automatically transferred to the remaining team member who has been on the longest.

Full details here: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730373-Free-Plan

When you say, "A guy from my Team accessed my board", I have two questions:

1. Is this "guy" a member of your Free Plan team (or maybe your physical work team)?
  2. Is "my board" a board that you created on your Free Plan team?