Answered

Hexagon sticky

• 25 February 2021
  • 6 replies

Some of the facilitation techniques require Hexagon stickies, do we have a way to customize shape of sticky notes.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 25 February 2021, 23:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Khurshid Akbar - Hey, Khurshid!

The only shape changes you can make to sticky notes are:

• change from square to rectangle
  • rotate

But you could use the hexagon share and fill it with your desired sticky note colour and remove the boarder (make it transparent):

Here’s an example of a hexagon that is the same colour as the sticky note (I used custom colours, and then the dropper tool to grab a sticky note’s colour). And I made the border a lighter grey:

Here’s an example of using a combination of shapes in Miro to make other shapes/effects:

Thanks @Robert Johnson follow-up question can we restrict voting on certian shape or we have to depend on participants voting only on these hexagon shapes (usually we restrict voting on stickies, and now these shapes will be used instead of stickies) - no rush on this answer. 

Have a nice weekend 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Khurshid Akbar -

When you set up a voting session you can specify the scope of the voting area so if the hexagons are isolated within a specific area of the board, you could make that the voting jursidiction.

Kiron

Thanks @Kiron Bondale I have tried the option of specifying scope of voting area; I am guessing one can do that by frame(s) ? or can we create named areas in Miro.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Khurshid Akbar - You can select any area of the board:

Thanks @Robert Johnson really impressed with Miro community member’s willingness to help!