Answered

HELP with settings

• 17 August 2020
  • 9 replies

HELP!

I am new to Miro. I signed up for a free group account instead of a free individual account by mistake. I don’t want my board to be seen, used, or edited by anyone but I just got a request from someone to edit my board.

Where do I change the settings to make the board “view only” or “private” but still free?

Can I export my existing board to a new individual account? If so, how?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 18 August 2020, 06:54

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KAC Hello and welcome to Miro! Unfortunately, there is no group or individual option in the Free Plan - all boards are visible to all team members.

You will need to have a paid plan in order to have private boards. If you will be the only person using Miro, then the Consultant Plan should suffice. This will also allow you invite Guest Editors to boards, without having to pay for an additional seat on the team.

If there will be two or more team paid members, then you will want to explore the other paid options (Team, Business, Enterprise, etc.).

Here is a breakdown of all Plans and Features.

How do I set my board as “view only”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

How do I set my board as “view only”?

If you want to share the board with someone outside of Miro or your team, you can share a link to the board in View only mode as follows:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Again, if you are on a Free Plan

1. Anyone who is a part of your Free Plan team can edit your boards.
  2. You can only Share boards for View only mode - to allow non-team members to be able to Edit or Comment on your boards, you will need to have a paid plan.

Will everyone on the team have the view-only option for my board but not be able to use or edit it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Everyone on your Free Plan team will have full access to edit all boards that are part of that team.

Example,

1. From your Miro dashboard, click your team setting gear at the top-left of the screen:

2. Then click on Active users:
  3. Everyone lists here, regardless if they are a Member or Team Admin, will be edit any board created in your team:

Okay, thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

HELP!

I am new to Miro. I signed up for a free group account instead of a free individual account by mistake. I don’t want my board to be seen, used, or edited by anyone but I just got a request from someone to edit my board.

Where do I change the settings to make the board “view only” or “private” but still free?

Can I export my existing board to a new individual account? If so, how?

Thanks.

Hi @KAC. I totally missed your question about copying a board to a new Free Plan. If you created a new Miro account (with a new email address) you will have a new Free Plan with no boards. You could then add your new account/email as a Team Member on the Free Plan team where your boards currently are. Then ,on the team where your boards currently are, you could select Move to account from the board's menu and move it to your new account - this option only appears if you are the board Owner, i.e., you created the board:

If you didn't create the board, you can open the board, use Ctrl + A (or Shift + click-and-drag) to select the entire contents of the board, then create a new board in your new account, and paste the contents into it.

There is no board export/backup to .RtB file on the Free Plan.

Really appreciate your detailed help with this topic today :thumbsup: