Answered

Help embedding Google Calendar

• 8 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all, I’m trying to embed an iFrame to see my Google Calendar on my board… nothing fancy, just so I can use it alongside task planning… 

I tried pasting just the URL from the browser, as well as the dedicated iFrame link from the Google Calendar settings… 

- Browser URL just gets a card + meta data

- iFrame full code (<iframe src=” etc) just gets a ‘play’ button

- iFrame URL only gets an ‘invalid URL’ error on Miro

Any ideas how to embed it ‘inline’ onto the board?  Maybe I’m using the wrong link or settings… but I’m using the iFrame embed tool in Miro each time…

Thanks very much,
Neil

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 15 March 2021, 03:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Neil Lewin 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

Most probably this happens because Google doesn’t allow you to embed/iframe their site to another site!

Thanks @Soumyadeep Mandal - it seems it’s allowed… here’s the relevant code from the Google Calendar settings… 

And a Miro article about iFrames suggests Google Calendar as a supported service, so it’s a bit confusing why it’s not working…

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017730993-Embedding-Media-to-Boards

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Neil Lewin - There are few issues at play here.

1. If the calendar’s Access permissions are not set to “Make available to the public”, then authentication would be required and that pass-through authentication does not appear to happen on a Miro board. When I leave my public access DISABLED, I get the exact same results as you have included in your screenshot.
  2. And even if the calendar is made public, I believe that Miro does not code for every time of media/service that is embedded and therefore still displays a standard window and not a full visual preview - I don’t know why, but they do state this in the help center article:

When I make my calendar fully visible to public, I get this on my Miro board:

For a reason as to why Miro doesn’t/can’t/won’t display a full/live embedded version of Google Calendar, you will need to ask Miro support.