Guest user able to log in but unable to see board that I shared with her

• 25 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello, I have a guest user who can log onto Miro but she cannot see the board that I shared with her. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@RogerB -

Can you provide some more details about the issue such as:

1. Have you shared it with others and are they able to see it?
  2. When you say she can’t see it, how is she trying to access it - via the dashboard or directly using the URL?
  3. How are you sharing it with her - as a visitor or as a named user?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@RogerB - A few more questions:

Since the Guest feature changed (the old Guests are now referred to as Visitors) did you specifically see this prompt when adding your user to the board?

If so, they should see a new team/workspace in their dashboard and will have to select/switch to it:

More on Guest access here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021415119-Collaboration-with-guests

But if you used the Visitors method, i.e., “Anyone with the link”, they will not see the board anywhere in their dashboard unless they have Starred it (boards can be Starred while on the board, from the board settings - more info here).

Hi Robert

Yes, I used the “Invite to team or board” dialogue to invite the person as a Guest. I did it from this menu option at the top of my board:

I presume that by doing it this way, I have only shared the board and not all the boards that the team owns.

I did a test by using the same process to share the same board with my wife. I could then use that link on her computer to go to the board and edit it without problem

Hi Kiron

Thank you for your response.

I shared it via an emailed URL using the Board Guest, rather than Visitor method. This is the only board within this particular team which the person I invited has access to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Roger B -

Does the user get an error message or if not, what is happening when they access the URL?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kiron Bondale - I had added Roger as Guest on one of my boards as a test. We got chatting on that board via sticky notes I learned that the board just isn’t loading, e.g., the user is just seeing this:

This was the guest’s first time using Miro, so it is likely that all boards are being blocked - I am thinking it is a network/firewall issue and have shared the following Help Center article as a starting point:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572694-Add-Miro-to-allowed-apps

Hi Kiron / Robert.

My client now has access to the board and is able to edit it.

She doesn’t know what she is now doing differently, and nor do I. I shared the “Add Miro to allowed apps” link with her but she didn’t give me feedback regarding her websockets.

I guess the goos news is that she is now (very happily, it turns out) able to edit the mindmap in the Miro whiteboard.

A thing I’ve learned from this is to explicitly tell clients, who I invite as Guests, not to use Internet Explorer as the browser for accessing the whiteboard.

Thank you both very much for your kind assistance.