Answered

Guest Editors within iPad app

• 4 September 2020
  • 6 replies

I have the Team plan now and enabled the public access for guest editors to edit….

My question is: how can they edit through the ipad app and NOT go through Safari/Chrome?

Really hoping there is a way...

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 4 September 2020, 17:23

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner The only way I know to accomplish this at this time is to

• have them load the board once in the browser
  • click the Star icon at the top-left (beside the board name)
  • then from the iPad add (or any platform) go to their Miro dashboard and click on Starred - it should be there.

@Rob Johnson Thanks! I must have to make accounts for everyone, because there’s no star option when they go through Chrome…

I’m assuming if they have accounts (even free ones) that then the star option would appear?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner Yes, very good point about needing an account and being signed in else the star does not appear! I guess I have gotten so used to everyone I work with having an account.

One tip I have for the account creation process is that the future user (or yourself) creates the account by just going to miro.com and go through the standard account creation process and if prompted during the process to join an existing team (user can be prompted with this based upon their email address domain name) that you/they just skip that. I mentioned this as there is a know gap where users are invited to a team (free or paid) and they sign up for an account using the email invite link and later have issues creating their own Free Plan team, of which every Miro account hold is allotted.

@Rob Johnson Got it working! Thanks!

Uh...did not mean to make my own response the “best answer.” Was trying to click on yours, Rob.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Ryan Wagner No worries - it happens! I have included @Marina who can fix this up for the next person.